State Directors are Women In Government’s go-to ambassadors in the states. As our legislative leaders, along with our Board of Directors, they keep us informed about pressing policy issues in their state and ensure that we are meeting the needs of our legislator members.
As a non-partisan organization, Women In Government aims to have party parity in all leadership positions, with up to 4 State Directors in each state from both chambers (if applicable) with all parties represented. Women In Government is committed to party parity and diversity, equity, and inclusion in all forms.
Women In Government is asking for female state legislators to self-nominate or nominate a new female state legislator to serve in a leadership position as a Women In Government State Director. Click here or see below to see list of current 2021 State Directors and vacancies.
All final nomination confirmations will be approved by the Women In Government Board of Directors.
Electronic State Director Nomination Form (fillable Google Form)
2021 State Director Nomination Form including list and vacancies (download paper form)
Please submit paper nomination forms to Laura Blake, Outreach & Development Manager, via email (email@example.com) or complete the electronic State Director nomination form linked above.
State Director Responsibilities:
- When possible, attend Women In Government national conferences
- Provide input for the topical agendas for Women In Government for the calendar year
- Assist in the dissemination of Women In Government information to fellow legislators, especially to newly elected or appointed legislators
- Actively participate in fundraising efforts in her State
- Actively assist in identifying policy areas of interest in her State
State Director Benefits:
- Be in leadership pipeline for WIG Board of Directors
- Opportunity to moderate or facilitate WIG programming
- Opportunity to be featured in WIG social media
Current State Directors (W=Western Region, M=Midwestern Region, S=Southern Region, E=Eastern Region)
Rep. Laura Hall (D)
Rep. Deborah Ferguson (D)
Rep. Mary Mascher (D)
Rep. Stephanie Clayton (D)
Rep. Aimee Adatto Freeman (D)
Rep. Michelle Dunphy (D)
Rep. Kimberly Ferguson (R)
Sen. Dallas Harris (D)
New Mexico (W)
Rep. Deborah Armstrong (D)
Rep. Pamela Anderson (D)
Rep. Mary Littleton (R)
Sen. Brenda Gilmore (D)
Rep. Alma Allen (D)
Rep. Lisa Subeck (D)