State Directors are Women In Government’s go-to ambassadors in the states, and we rely on you as our legislative leaders, along with our Board of Directors, to keep us informed about pressing policy issues in your state and to ensure that we are meeting your needs.
As a non-partisan organization, Women In Government aims to have party parity in all leadership positions, with up to 4 State Directors in each state from both houses with all parties represented. Women In Government is committed to party parity and diversity, equity, and inclusion in all forms.
State Director Responsibilities:
- When possible, attend Women In Government national conferences
- Provide input for the topical agendas for Women In Government for the following calendar year (2020)
- Assist in the dissemination of Women In Government information to fellow legislators, especially to newly elected or appointed legislators
- Actively participate in fundraising efforts in her State
- Actively assist in identifying policy areas of interest in her State
- Support Women In Government's mission and abide by WIG's Code of Conduct
State Director Benefits:
- Opportunity to register first for WIG conferences by receiving advance registration links
- Opportunity to access new WIG policy materials first
- Opportunity to be featured in the WIG monthly newsletter
Click here for current 2020 WIG State Directors, Vacancies, and Nomination Form (legislators may self-nominate) and email completed form to Laura Blake, Outreach & Development Manager at email@example.com.